Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Attention all you Exercisers!

Now that I have your attention! =) I have some questions that maybe ya'll can help me on??? I have reached another plateau and it is driving me INSANE! I assume I now need to adjust my caloric intake, so I did. I am wondering though, could I be exercising too much? I typically burn around 2700 calories a week, or I aim for 600 a day. I use sparkpeople to track my food and exercises and they say I should only kill 800 calories a week by exercising. IS THIS RIGHT?? I will happily step it down a notch or so, but I was wondering what ya'll thought???
Please comment and let me know what ya think!
Thanks a bunches!!!
Leigh

5 comments:

The Cochran Crew said...

Sorry, I'm no help, but for moral support!!! You're rockin girl!!!

Leigh said...

Thanks! I need all the help I can get =)

Toni said...

what type of exercise do you do? i was wondering something along the same lines as you...i haven't hit a plateau myself as so much as i have been downright lazy LOL!...i usually just walk the treadmill, but am thinking about mixing things up a bit, wonder if that would help your situation as well? i'm sorry i guess i'm not much help either ;)

Dawn Mabry said...

One possibility as odd as it is, you could not be eating enough for the intense exercise that you are doing OR you might need to change up your exercise. Like do you do mostly cardio or mostly weights or a combo of both?

Jen's Journey said...

It sounds as if you may need to adjust your intake of food to off set your calories burned, but say 800 a wee k seems low for calories burned.

As far as your question - I have lost about 70 lbs, but I have not weighed in a long time so it may be more....hopefully not less..LOL!

I want to loose another 15 - 20 lbs, I am not really sure just because I do not go by the scale anymore, I measure inches lost and how my clothes fit. I am working out alot so I am building muscle therefore this works well for me. I will however start weighing again sometime this summer after my triathlon, but right now training is my focus.

You are doing well, just stay focus each and every morning as to what you want to accomplish during the day and soon you will reach all your goals!!!