Wednesday, September 9, 2009

To Tell or Not To Tell... THAT is the question!

OK.. lets see if I can explain this one to where all my bloggy buddies can understand. Those that "know" me, know that my biological dad and I are not close, at all. My step-dad raised me, but I call him Daddy. OK, with that being said. A LONG time ago, my hubby and I were talking to my "real dad" and step-mom about us wanting kids, well... they do not think we need kids of our own. (Remember, my hubby didn't have any before we met.) We went through the surgery, did not tell my dad that we were having it, in fact he never knew I was at home for 6 weeks! strange, I know. Well, now that I have a peanut, I think I need to tell him before I see him at Christmas, and I don't know how to do it. Because, I'm afraid he will be disappointed in the fact that we didn't follow what HE thought WE should do. (Yes, he is that way) I called him on his birthday, July 3rd, and have not heard from him since. Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated! I know he needs to know, but want to make everyone happy at the same time!
THANKS!!!
Leigh

3 comments:

The Cochran Crew said...

Do what your heart tells you to. As for what I would do, walk in pregnant at Christmas. Just remember, he's the one missing out!!! Love YA

Leigh said...

Sandra.. that exactly what I thought about doing too!! Great minds think alike!! :) THANKS, LOVE YA

Dawn Mabry said...

First, CONGRATULATIONS on your wonderful news!!! SO AWESOME!!!

Second, about telling your "real dad". Hmmm, I am thinking if I was in your shoes I would probably not make a special phone call to him. If he by chance calls then you can mention it or I like the idea of walking in at Christmas with a big ol' belly and just wait to see his reaction. I just don't think I would go out of my way if it were me.